Between feeling like something’s kind of “gone out of me” after having written that last entry, and having been migrating my energies gradually toward other projects over the last eight months or so already, this seems like as good a time as any to put this blog on hiatus. It’s not that I absolutely won’t ever write on here again, but with other things competing with my time and energy, maintaining a regular schedule of entries on this blog is no longer something I’m feeling inclined toward.
Below is a table-of-contents for all noteworthy contents of the blog thus-far. This includes all entries that I’m planning to leave up indefinitely, vs. omits a few which, for various personal reasons, I may be deleting or making private in the next while.
On my own beliefs and practice:
- What “Satanism” means to me
- Ambivalence about chaos magic
- Tezcatlipoca as dark god with Satan-like traits
- Use of the phrase “sinister path”
- Balancing pride and humility
- Why people convert to Satanism
- Marking the seasons as a Satanist
On esoteric practices in Satanism more generally:
On belief in “dark” spiritual realities:
- The dark trinity of Azathoth, Az and Azerate (four-part series, link goes to first one)
- The Krampus movie and denialism about the dark side of nature
On certain developments in contemporary politics being “against my religion”:
- Satanic Temple as supporter of the good part of the left and rejector of the bad part of the left
- Extremely long and detailed critique of the concept of cultural appropriation
- Opposition to both libertarianism and censorship via “indulgence, not abstinence”
- The harm caused by letting “vicious animals” chase after “spiritual pipe dreams”
- The applicability of Satanic Temple’s defense of bodily integrity to life during COVID
- Defund the pleasure police (three-part series, link goes to first one)
Assorted more-personal entries:
- On 2018 being terrible (first entry)
- On music fandom vs. politics
- On 2019 being much better
- Playlist for the time I DJ’ed at one of Satanic Temple’s events
- Complete testimony re: why I've felt compelled to turn my back on the far-left (final entry)
I’ll close by saying that if any readers have found food for thought in the things I’ve been writing here, I’m glad to hear it and appreciate the willingness to reflect upon the things I bring forward.
I hope to see continuing trends of open-minded and constructive engagement in connection with my future pursuits.